This interdisciplinary day conference explores the use of the King James Bible in art, music, literature and theology, examining the degree to which the biblical text has transformed culture. What gave this particular translation dominance and enduring influence? What was its impact on different groups of society? How did the King James Bible become such a key cultural resource in the English-speaking world? These are just some of the questions we will address.
- David Norton (University of Wellington)
- Andrew Gant (Chapel Royal)
- Chris Rowland (University of Oxford)
- Ellie Bagley (Middlebury College, Vermont)
- Gordon Campbell (University of Leicester)
- Carol Jacobi (Birkbeck, London)